Monday, July 6, 2015

He Will Cover You With His Feathers

Feather: Mixed Media Sakura Ink and Colored Pencil

I was met with a challenge yesterday. 
Really, it was more of an invitation to know and experience the love of God like never before.
 The invitation was from God but came via His child, Jason Clark at River Church Charlotte

I am going to accept the invitation and show up with my whole heart.  
I am committed to believing that every good and perfect gift comes from The Father of Lights in whom there is no shadow of turning. 
My Father is not inconsistent. 

I am going to repent. 
I am changing my mind and the way I think by the power of the Holy Spirit, Who leads me into all truth. 
To repent means "to change one's mind" according to Stong's Greek Concordance. 

Original Word: μετανοέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: metanoeó
Phonetic Spelling: (met-an-o-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I repent, change my mind
Definition: I repent, change my mind, change the inner man (particularly with reference to acceptance of the will of God), repent.

My mind is being renewed by Truth. 
I want every evil thought taken captive, and I want every lie exposed and rooted out.  

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:15

I am going to be transformed. 

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Here is my new paradigm: 
"We are becoming convinced that His love is perfect, always good. We made a decision years ago that has empowered this conviction, even in the midst of heartache, disappointment and death – God gets all the credit for every good thing in our lives and none of the blame when things go wrong. - " Jason Clark

I am a recovering Calvinist. I used to believe that God's sovereignty equaled His control. 
God is Almighty, has all authority and He is Sovereign, of that I have no doubt. 

Sovereignty and Control are not the same thing. 

Here is the idea that needs to be run out of town. 
It's the idea that everything which happens is God's will. 
It's the accusation that God ordains sickness, poverty or calamity in the lives of His children. 

Let's get this straight. He's a good Father!
 If we can get this one truth settled in our hearts, we can overcome trials, crushing disappointments, unanswered questions and anxieties that lie in wait when we are all alone with our thoughts. This is when the enemy of our souls comes in for the kill, with fiery darts aimed straight at our hearts. 

The devil is an opportunist and the accuser of God. 
Have you noticed that he has nothing original to say? 
He is either accusing God by saying, "Hath God really said" or he is misrepresenting God by twisting the Scriptures. 
Here, we see satan tempting Jesus: 

He said to Jesus, "If you are the Son of God, jump! Scripture says, 'He will put his angels in charge of you. They will carry you in their hands so that you never hit your foot against a rock.'"
Jesus said to him, "Again, Scripture says, 'Never tempt the Lord your God.' "

The truth is this. God's Father Heart toward His people is kind and merciful, and compassionate. 
He is the God of all comfort. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

His heart is tender and full of love towards His children. 

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings thou shalt be secure: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Psalm 91:4

 Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. Psalm 51:7

He found his people in a desert land, in a barren place where animals howl. He guarded them, took care of them, and protected them because they were helpless.
Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, hovers over its young, spreads its wings to catch them, and carries them on its feathers. Deuteronomy 32:11

May the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done." Ruth 2:12

Your mercy is so precious, O God, that Adam's descendants take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 36:7

I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings
from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
from my mortal enemies who surround me.
Psalm 17: 6-9

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 63: 6 & 7

Are you beginning to get the picture? God has all authority and God IS love. 

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4: 17 & 18

I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27: 13 & 14

Perfect us in Your Perfect Love Father !
We take refuge and find comfort under your beautiful feathers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment