Thursday, July 2, 2015

God's Got Your Number

Blood Moon : Mixed Media Image Transfer and Acrylic on Canvas

Has it occurred to you, lately, that God's got your number? 
He does. 
Here's what the Scriptures, His love letter to us, say: 

Luke 12:7The Message (MSG)

6-7 “What’s the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries.

      God often speaks to me in ways some people might consider to be odd, but I know it is His personal signature in my life. For example, I find pennies all the time, in the most unusual places. 

   It started back in the late 90s when my husband and I were serving on the staff of a church. We were on a youth trip in Florida, near Pensacola and Brownsville where the epic revival at Brownsville Assembly had occurred. But I wasn't there. 
   I was wistfully wishing I was somewhere I wasn't. Has that ever happened to you? Have you ever felt like you were on the outside looking in? Has it ever seemed like you were a spectator? You wanted to be in the game, but you couldn't even get close enough to try out for the team? That's how I felt. 

     Then it happened...everywhere I walked, I found pennies. Hundreds of them...all along the sidewalks in the campground, in my bed, on the beach. I started having my own personal revival. My Father God was playing a game with me !

   When we got home from the trip, I found them scattered in my yard. Ever since, I have found them. When I pick one up, I thank God for providing for me. It's like His way of letting me know that He is Jehova-Jireh, the God Who provides. 

But let's get back to numbers. My number, lately, is 444. I see it everywhere. I will just happen to look at the time and it is 444. I looked at my Blue Ridge Diva Facebook Page and as of this writing, I have 444 likes. I got frozen yogurt the other day and my tab was 444. You get the picture. 

   Recently, I created a mixed media piece with image transfers. It was April, which happens to be the 4th month. At the time, I wasn't sure why I chose the images I did, but I knew they were speaking to me. I decided to stencil 444, in red, as the last element of the piece. 
I didn't know it at the time, but the Blood Moon in April was on 4/4 and it lasted 4 minutes and 44 seconds. It occurred during the Feast of Passover. The image of a blood moon is at the upper right hand corner of my piece. 
In my devotional Scripture reading, I came upon this, from Isaiah 44:4

I will pour water on the thirsty ground
    and send streams coursing through the parched earth.
I will pour my Spirit into your descendants
    and my blessing on your children.
They shall sprout like grass on the prairie,
    like willows alongside creeks.
This one will say, ‘I am God’s,’
    and another will go by the name Jacob;
That one will write on his hand ‘God’s property’—
    and be proud to be called Israel.”

   I was astonished to see these images in my artwork. The blue speaks of the water, the willow is right there, and to the right of the willow, the prairie grasses grow. This scripture was, and is, great comfort to me. It is wonderful to know  I am being led by His Spirit when I create, and He will speak to bring edification, exhortation and comfort. This is my prayer and confidence. 
   One morning I was barely awake and I kept hearing a 7 number sequence in my mind. It seemed vaguely familiar, but I just couldn't remember why. I got up to get my coffee, but it wouldn't leave me alone. So, I did what I often do when I need information, and I "Googled" the number.

It was the phone number of a dear friend  I don't get to see or talk to nearly enough for my liking. She is working full time, going to grad school at night and raising her three grandchildren. 
   The Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Call Dana. Tell her I've got her number. My eyes are on her at all times. I watch over her and I am taking care of her."
He is Jehovah-Rohi, the God Who sees.

   I called her and got her voice mail, but I left that message. 
A few days later she called me back to tell me that the message came at just the right time. Her family had been going through some trials, but their confidence and hope was in God. It was a great encouragement, and it was wonderful to be a messenger of hope. 
God is always, always speaking. In everything, He speaks. 
Look for Him. Be expectant. 
He does not disappoint !



No comments:

Post a Comment